We held a free webinar on Facing Financial Challenges: Planning for unchartered territory.
The Welsh public landscape is changing, fact! Public services are facing significant financial challenges and must ensure standards of services are maintained.
So, what does this mean for managing the deficit reduction plan and delivering key services in the public sector? The need to balance budgets, facilitate innovation and change is paramount, and the journey is about to get harder.
This webinar provided delegates with practical, strategic and operational approaches and good practice adopted within public services across the UK.
The panel included:
- Anthony Barrett, Assistant Auditor General, Wales Audit Office
- Guy Clifton, Head of Local Government Advisory, Grant Thornton
- Mark Owen, Head of Finance, Wrexham County Borough Council/ Chair of Society of Welsh Treasurers
- Councillor Ben Curran, Sheffield Council
This webinar focused on identifying how the strategic and operational management of public services can be streamlined to manage the planned deficit reduction plan whilst delivering quality key services. Here you can listen to these discussions from the webinar [Opens in new window].
Who the event was aimed at
This webinar was aimed at Public Sector members, officers; including:
- Cabinet Members with budget and planning as part of their portfolio
- Chief Executives
- Section 151 Officers
- Corporate Directors
- Heads of Strategic Services
- Heads of Operational Services
- Service/operational Managers for major operational delivery
- Board Members
- Budget holders