This report summarises my findings from the audit work I have undertaken at the Welsh Ambulance Services NHS Trust (the Trust) during 2012.
I have issued an unqualified opinion on the 2011-12 financial statements of the Trust, although in doing so I have brought some audit matters and observations to the
attention of officers and the Audit Committee.
These relate to:
- Key financial targets
- Financial Performance 2011-12
- Presentation and narrative adjustments
- Annual Governance Statement
- Remuneration report
I have also concluded that:
- the Trust’s accounts were properly prepared and materially accurate;
- the Trust had an effective internal control environment to reduce the risks of material misstatements to the financial statements; and
- the Trust’s significant financial and accounting systems were appropriately controlled and operating as intended.