This Annual Audit Report (the Report) to members of the South Wales Police Authority (the Authority) summarises the conclusions from my 2010-11 audit. It reports for Authority members the significant issues arising from my audit, together with my comments on other current issues
I have concluded that the Authority’s resources were, in all material respects, properly used and accounted for in 2010-11:
- the Authority’s 2010-11 accounts were properly prepared and materially accurate, and work continues to ensure the consistent treatment across Wales of Police Authorities of Wales’ transactions and balances;
- the Authority met its revenue budget for 2010-11, and is well placed to deliver its response to the significant financial challenges ahead;
- the Authority had an effective internal control environment to reduce the risk of
- material misstatement to the financial statements; and
- the Authority’s significant financial systems were appropriately controlled and operated as intended.