During the 2012-13 financial year the Police Reform & Social Responsibility Act 2011 came into effect. This legislation replaced police authorities with an elected Police & Crime Commissioner with effect from 22 November 2012. The Act also created the Police and Crime Commissioner and the Chief Constable as separate legal entities.
- The Commissioner‟s 2012-13 accounts were properly prepared and materially accurate
- The Commissioner met his revenue budget for 2012-13, and continues to be well placed to deliver the response to the significant financial challenges ahead
- The Commissioner has an effective internal control environment to reduce the risk of material misstatement to the financial statements
- The Commissioner‟s significant financial systems were appropriately controlled and operated as intended to produce materially accurate accounts
- The Commissioner had proper arrangements in place during 2012-13 to help him achieve economy, efficiency and effectiveness in his use of resources
- Appropriate arrangements are in place to manage financial pressures and there is a framework to support sustainable policing for the public