This seminar brought together the leadership of the public and voluntary sectors in Wales to consider how to achieve a greater return from the time and effort invested in public engagement in the public sector. The seminar came at a crucial time for the public sector, with the Single Integrated Plan and public sector cuts.
Delegates from Local Government, Welsh Government, County Voluntary Councils and Third Sector Organisations, NHS, Older People's Commission, the Welsh Local Government Association and the Wales Audit Office attended the event.
The seminar aims were to:
- Learn from the public engagement experiences of colleagues in the public, private and voluntary sectors;
- Identify opportunities for better value public engagement by your organisation; and
- Consider organisational building blocks for success.
Welcome and Key Speakers
- Huw Vaughan Thomas, Auditor General Wales
- Lisa James, on behalf of Carl Sargent, Minister of Local Government and Communities
- Lindsey Colbourne, Facilitator
Session 1: Key opportunities for increasing return on public engagement
Session 2: Building blocks for success
Session 3: Call to Action
When and where
Thursday 28th June 2012
11.15 – 1600
The Pavilion, Llandrindod Wells