This report summarises my findings from the audit work I have undertaken at the Welsh Ambulance Services NHS Trust (the Trust) during 2011.
I have issued an unqualified opinion on the 2010-11 financial statements of the Trust, although in doing so I have brought several matters to the attention of officers and the Audit Committee and they were detailed more fully in the ISA 260 report presented to the Audit Committee in May 2011.
These relate to:
- Key financial targets
- Financial performance 2010-11
- Prior period adjustments
- Conversion of short-term loan to Public Dividend Capital (PDC)
- Fixed assets – capitalisation of salaries
- Presentation and narrative adjustments
- Statement on Internal Control
- Remuneration Report
- IT General Controls
- Business Support Partnership
I have also concluded that:
- the Trust’s accounts were properly prepared and materially accurate;
- the Trust had an effective internal control environment to reduce the risks of material misstatements to the financial statements; and
- the Trust’s significant financial and accounting systems were appropriately controlled and operating as intended.